You will work at our client’s facility within the "Engineering Test, Simulation and Services" Department, more precisely in the "Simulation & Tools". Its mission is to provide and support efficient and innovative Simulation & Test Means mainly to the Design Office. These means are used for the Validation & Verification of the Helicopter's development:
- Early Concept-Validation with fully virtualized Helicopter + Environment
- Design Validation with Simulation Cockpits
- Software Verification with desktop simulations
- System Verification with partially real System parts (H/W-in-the-loop: Helicopter-Zero, Test Rigs)
- Customer Support with Training Simulators for troubleshooting, maintenance training, or pilot training
- Flight Safety with support to flight analysis by replaying in simulation flight data.
The Test-System is a complete eco-system of "Test Procedure Management Tools", "Automatic Test Sequencers", "Real-Time Test Tools", "Test Report management tools", "Simulation Frameworks", "Simulation Models", "Hardware interface boards for the Avionics", etc...
In Donauwörth there are approx. 30 deployed occurrences of such Test-Systems, plus many mobile occurrences as well as many deployed simulations.
Further Test-Systems are installed in France, Australia, Spain, Sweden and Brazil. A close partnership with these entities is to be maintained, requiring international collaboration.
You will be the focal point for your users, being responsible for the Tool-Suite availability and reaching a good level of Customer Satisfaction.
You will be working in a team, requiring cooperation, following standards and team spirit.
You will be working with sub-contractors, which ensure part of the Tool Maintenance in operative conditions (MCO), in particular you will coordinate the support for the tools developed within the department.
What you can bring
You will be:
- Responsible of the availability of the Test Systems, monitoring availability and performance, pro-actively solving detected deficiencies, investigating root causes, coordinating the Test System support activities for all Development Avionic Test installations.
- collection of the needs, building a roadmap of the requests and continuously updating it,
- specification of the functional requirements to implement the requests,
- following the development to ensure it continues to fit to the needs and the requests are addressed,
- validating the tool-suite in its operational environment,
- ensure a roadmap is available and always up-to-date,
- lead the diagnosis of troubles. With a methodic system approach, you will ensure the right diagnostic is made between avionics systems, Test tools, including H/W and S/W, IT-infrastructure, methodology and processes, ensuring a high availability rate of the Test means.
- pro-active follow-up of the deployed Test Systems (H/W and S/W), ensuring the actions are addressed,
- interacting with IT to ensure correct IT support is given,
- interacting with the Software Tool development team in Marignane (France),
- Responsible of the deployment of the tool-suite to the System Rigs, ensuring on-time, on-quality and on-costs deliveries, ensuring a continuous management of the deployed instances.
- Responsible of developing, integrating, maintaining and supporting Test Scenarios in the Test System for end-users. With the support of a development back-office in Marignane/Donauwörth.
- Responsible to continuously improve the Test Systems and the processes, in order to allow the end users to improve their efficiency.
- Master’s Degree in IT or equivalent
- Experience of 2-3 years in Project Management
- Good knowledge of Unix / Linux OS (Debian, SuSE)
- Good knowledge of C++ and scripting languages (Python, Shell…)
- Good knowledge of database management (Oracle or PostgreSQL)
- Very good problems analysis skills
- Very good teamwork and communication skills
- A knowledge of avionics is a plus
- English mandatory, German and French are a strong plus
- Proactive and autonomous